Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) is a health care benefit program for minor children, parents of minor children and pregnant women who meet income and resource eligibility guidelines established by the State of Colorado and the federal government.
- Individuals eligible for Medicaid will receive a Medicaid Authorization Card (MAC) in the mail.
- Medicaid recipients are required to designate a primary care physician.
Colorado Medicaid pays for most health care services including, but not limited to:
- Inpatient and outpatient hospitalization
- Physician services
- Family planning
- Transportation to medical services
- Community mental health services
To apply for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program):
- Health Care Policy and Financing
- The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing administers the Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus programs as well as a variety of other programs for Colorado's low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Mesa County Health Department
- Child Health Plan Plus Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) is low-cost health insurance for Colorado's uninsured children and pregnant women. CHP+ is public health insurance for children and pregnant women who earn too much to qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford private health insurance.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Health First Colorado Enrollment (888)367-6557 or (888)-ENROLLS
- Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) Customer Service - (800) 221-3943