Hours: Due to COVID-19, our hours of operation have changed. They are as follows by appointment only: Monday - Friday (closed on Wednesday) 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. See links to the right for division contact information.
510 29 1/2 Road
Grand Junction, CO 81504
P.O. Box 20,000
Grand Junction, CO 81502-5001
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) helps needy Colorado residents pay a portion of their winter utility bills.
- Colorado residents may apply for LEAP assistance from November 1 through April 30.
- The Mesa County Low-income Energy Assistance Program is now administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
- Applications are available at the Mesa County Department of Human Services or can be printed from the Colorado State LEAP Website
- Return your completed application on or after November 1st, in the addressed and stamped envelope provided; or
- Fax your application to: 719-633-9098
- Mail to:
- P.O. Box 39200
- Colorado Springs, Co 80949
- Email to: LEAPHELP@discovermygoodwill.org
DO NOT submit your LEAP application to the Mesa County DHS as this will delay the processing of your application.
Please make sure that you ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS on the application and provide all requested documentation/verification with your completed application. Make sure that you read, complete, SIGN and DATE where required. Failure to provide a complete application and submit required verification will delay the processing timeframe.
Continue paying your heat bill, as LEAP assistance will not pay your entire bill!
Processing your LEAP application takes time, so you must keep your account current by making a payment towards your heat bill on time to avoid disruption of service. If you receive a shut-off notice or have had your heating service disconnected, please contact our call center at 1-888-775-LEAP (1-888-775-5327). The Call center will open on November 1st.
Please call 1-866-HEAT HELP (1-866-432-8435) to inquire about the status of your LEAP application and if you have any questions regarding LEAP.
You may also visit the Colorado Department of Human Services’ website
For more information please call the Heat Help Line at (866) 432-8435. This is a 24-hour information line.
Important Numbers - Assistance Programs
|Department of Human Services
Main Line (970) 241-8480
|Parent Help Line
|Adult Protective Services
|Welfare Fraud Hotline
|Area Agency on Aging
|Western Colorado 211
2-1-1 or (970) 244-8400
|Assistance Programs - Fax Number