Reporting Fraud Allegations

To report Fraud, you may:

    • Write an anonymous letter

    • Call 256-2421 to make an appointment to report in person

    • Call the Fraud Hotline at (970) 256-2421 (Callers may be able to remain anonymous) ***

When reporting suspecting fraud, please have as much information as possible. For example:

  • Name(s) of recipient(s)
  • Date of birth
  • Social Security number
  • Address
  • Employer name and address

This information can help to ensure that a thorough investigation is performed. Leaving a call back number is not required, but is helpful because it will allow us to get additional information or clarify the information you provide if we find it necessary to do so.

*** We do everything we can to protect the identity of the reporting party. However, If a case goes to a criminal prosecution (especially if there is a trial), and the information disclosed by the reporting party cannot be independently verified, or if the reporting party becomes a witness in the case, we may be legally obligated to disclose the reporting source. In those instances, the reporting party would be made aware that they are being subpoenaed to testify as a witness.

Important Numbers - Assistance Programs

Department of Human Services
Main Line (970) 241-8480
Parent Help Line
(800) 244-5373 
Adult Protective Services
(970) 248-2888 
Welfare Fraud Hotline
(970) 256-2421
Area Agency on Aging
(970) 248-2717 
Western Colorado 211
2-1-1 or (970) 244-8400 
Assistance Programs - Fax Number
(970) 248-2849
Workforce Center
(970) 248-0871 
Child Support
(970) 248-2780
Veterans Office
(970) 248-2733