Top Image Mesa County Home
Department of Human Services
Community Resources  

There are many services/resources available in the community that may be able to help your child and your family if you find yourself struggling with some issues.  The following list is just a few of those resources.

  1. Western Colorado 2-1-1: Western Colorado 2-1-1 provides toll-free, one-call access to program and service providers on the western slope, all services are free. The Western Colorado 2-1-1 program is designed to help those in need get easy and quick access to agencies/programs/services that can assist them including, but not limited to, mental health services, substance abuse treatment services, day care providers, individual and/or family therapy, basic need assistance (i.e., food, clothing, & shelter), etc.

Western Colorado 2-1-1 covers the following counties: Delta County, Eagle County, Garfield County, Gunnison County, Lake County, Mesa County, Montrose County, and Pitkin County.  To access this resource, simply dial 2-1-1 from any land line or 970-244-8400 from a cellular phone to connect with an Information & Referral Specialist.  2-1-1 is staffed from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.

  1. Health Insurance: Many health insurance plans include some type of mental/behavioral health care coverage.  If you have private health insurance, you can contact your health insurance provide for more information about coverage, services, and providers.  If you have CHP+/Medicaid, you can contact the Mesa County Healthy Communities Family Health Coordinator through the Mesa County Health Department at 970-248-6900.

  1. School District: If your child is school age, your child’s school counselor may also be able to assist you in accessing available school and/or community resources.  In addition, if your child is enrolled in Medicaid and has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), then ask your school counselor about the School Health Services (SHS) program.  This is a Medicaid program in Colorado that provides health services, including psychology and counseling services, to Medicaid enrolled clients as prescribed in the client’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).

  1. Western Slope Center for Children (WSCC): Western Slope Center for Children provides services to child sexual abuse victims and their families in a supportive environment that reduces trauma and promotes dignity, justice, and healing.  If you are interested in these services, please call the WSCC at 970-245-3788.

  1. VictimAssistance: In 1982 the state of Colorado enacted the Crime Victim Compensation Act, a program designed to help victims of crimes, including, but not limited to, assault, sexual assault, child physical abuse, child sexual abuse, vehicular homicide, domestic assault, homicide, etc.  If you are interested in these services, please call the Victim Assistance at 970-244-3275.

  1. Colorado LegalServices: Colorado Legal Services is a non-profit corporation that assists persons with low income and seniors in the State of Colorado. The mission of Colorado Legal Services is to provide meaningful access to high quality, civil legal services in the pursuit of justice for as many low-income persons and members of vulnerable populations throughout Colorado as possible. 

The civil areas that Colorado Legal Services may be able to assist you include, but may not be limited to, Family and Children, Housing, Consumer Issues, Elder Law, Health Law, and Government Benefits.  If you are interested in these services, please call Colorado Legal Services at 970-243-7940.

  1. 1-800-CHILDREN: 1-800-CHILDREN is a statewide helpline that offers a lifeline of support, encouragement and information regarding resources in local communities. Parents and caregivers can call 1-800-CHILDREN and talk with a trained volunteer who can provide them with information, support and/ or referrals in their local communities, as well as connect callers with professionals throughout the state who work with families and children. The helpline is staffed from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm every day. 

  1. Hilltop Connections Program-Family Navigator andFamily & Adolescent Partnership (FAP): Could you use some support and direction? Don't know who to talk to? Are you overwhelmed? Frustrated? Not sure where to go to get started? Could you use some guidance? The Hilltop Connections Program/FAP serves as a community resource for families with children ages 0-19. Connections/FAP works with families who don't necessarily fit other program's criteria, offers case management, including advocacy on behalf of the client. Connections/FAP seeks to fill gaps in services not already provided in the community.  If you are interested in these services, please contact the Hilltop Connections Program at 970-244-0621 or FAP at 970-244-0613.

  1. Mesa County Partners (Partners): Partners provides one-to-one mentoring to at risk children and youth in our community.  If you are interested in these services, please contact Partners at 970-245-5555.

  1.  Mesa County Health Department: The Mesa County Health Department offers a variety of voluntary services for parents and their children. These services include, but are not limited to, Family Planning, Nurse Family Partnership (NFP), Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Program, and SafeCare.  If you are interested in these services, please contact the Mesa County Health Department at 970-248-6900.

  1.  Mesa County Workforce Center: The Mesa County Workforce Center offers a variety of services through their Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program.  TANF is a federal program that provides cash assistance to needy families with dependent children. An application for Colorado Works will also be considered for food assistance, Medicaid, and child support services. Child care assistance and other supportive services are available for job seekers.

The TANF program is designed to help needy families achieve self-sufficiency.  The TANF program in Mesa County offers a variety of services to the families involved in and/or eligible for TANF, including, but not limited to, cash assistance, domestic violence counseling and mental health & substance abuse counseling.  If you are interested in these services, please contact the Mesa County Workforce Center at 970-248-0871.

  1.  Mesa County Department of Human Services: The Mesa County Department of Human Services offers voluntary services for children and youth who are beyond the control of parent or for families who are having conflict.  If you are interested in these services, please contact the Child Protection Hotline at 970-242-1211.  The Child Protection Hotline is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Important Numbers - Main
Department of Human Services
Main Line (970) 241-8480
(970) 244-8400  
Adult Protective Services
(970) 248-2888 
Parent Help Line
(800) 244-5373 
Area Agency on Aging
(970) 248-2717 
Public Relations/Media Inquiries
(970) 256-2453  
Assistance Programs - Fax Number
(970) 248-2849 
Welfare Fraud Hotline
(970) 256-2421  

Mesa County Child Protection Hotline
(970) 242-1211 
Colorado State Child Protection Hotline
1 844 CO-4-KIDS

Child Welfare Staff Directory  

Western Colorado 211
2-1-1 or (970) 244-8400  
Foster Parent Info Line
(970) 248-2794 
Workforce Center
(970) 248-0871  

Mesa County Logo with Text  Follow Us On  
Blogger Icon   Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon
        Mesa County Home           Comments/Feedback          Copyright/Disclaimer/Privacy           Webmaster